Do you need to hire the perfect CFO? Controller? Bookkeeper? The MATCH process virtually guarantees the “right” hire. With a success rate that has never dropped below 90% and as high as 98% over a year, the MATCH process is a proven methodology to avoid a mishire and attract, hire and retain your next superstar.
Using our exclusive, retained MATCH model we are able to act as one with your organization. We work hand-in-hand with you — starting with your mission, moving through the job overview, creating a behavioral profile, and then a recruiting plan.
Once we have clarified the fundamental pre-hiring best practices, we begin the recruiting process. The goal is to create a large candidate pool, and then hone that pool, leaving three finalists for you to interview. These finalists will be behaviorally interviewed, the data will be available to you, and there will be corresponding behavioral references for your review.
You will conduct three interviews with candidates ultimately qualified for the role. Further, these candidates will be culturally aligned with your organization. You will almost certainly be able to make a hiring decision after meeting with these candidates.
We will assist in salary negotiations, transitional concerns, and on-boarding. But our partnership continues. Our MATCH guarantee is a year and so we like to stay in the loop – building a deeper relationship with you and your new hire – ensuring that all systems are go.
MATCH works extraordinarily well on the Contract side of the house. MATCH processes are terrific in efficiently aligning your organization with contractors that are both a technical and cultural fit. The MATCH contractors act as a temporary solution – formally working for our firm and allowing you to put all the responsibilities and costs of people management on our shoulders.
In most cases companies partner with us by assigning us responsibility for a given number of openings. For example, a company recently partnered with us in ensuring that every Accounts Payable role was filled in a given department.
The MATCH recruiting team spent hours with the executive team in defining the critical aspects of the role, but perhaps even more importantly, we defined the critical aspects of a cultural fit. Once defined, our MATCH team came up with key behavioral questions. We brought each potential candidate through a series of questions, tested them, conducted thorough behavioral references, and even had each candidate take an Accounts Payable test.
We have had similar success in providing MATCH contractors in Revenue Cycle Accountants, Auditors, Tax Projects, and even high level financial due diligence.
On a limited basis, Dan Erling (or a team member trained in the MATCH process) is available for consulting. We have a variety of tools for each step of the MATCH process. Here is a brief list of the topics we have covered for a variety of companies:
- Implementing the Cultural Scorecard to get an objective snapshot of your Company Culture – evaluating the culture of your organization through the implementation of this easy to administer scorecard.
- Using Behavioral Questions to predict future activity– Aligning key objectives and cultural norms with scripted behavioral questions; Artfully asking behavioral questions; the value of the behavioral refence check; compiling data collected in behavioral sessions to make the best hire.
- The Effective Job Overview – Crafting a Job Overview that ties directly to the most important business objectives of your organization as well as clarifying the impact the new hire will have on the organization as a whole; clarifying corporate culture and key competencies in the job overview.
- The MATCH process: soup to nuts – A transformative, multi-day session on implementing the MATCH process from start to finish.
On a limited basis, Dan Erling (or a team member trained in the MATCH process) is available to speak to small or large groups. Topics include:
- The Cost of a Mishire – Walk through the mishire of Andy the Controller, exploring the ROI of hiring the wrong person. Compare this to the hire of Sandy – the “right” hire. Discuss the strategies necessary for hiring the right person every time.
- Using the mission of your firm to attract, hire and retain GREAT people – While this presentation originated in speaking to the non-profit community, the lesson is impactful for ANY organization. Waving the mission of your organization is key to attracting people who align with the culture of your organization. This hour-long presentation walks you through methods for turning up the volume of your organization’s mission.
- MATCH subtopics – We are available to speak on any of the following: clarifying the corporate culture of your organization; creating an organizational chart; structuring a recruiting plan; creating a competency profile; onboarding; behavioral interviews; checking references; and any other MATCH topic.
- The MATCH process: soup to nuts – A transformative, multi-day session on implementing the MATCH process from start to finish